A medical emergency can be stressful and leave you panicked. Have you ever wondered what will you do in case you or your child faces a medical emergency? No home remedy can help during an emergency and your only option is to rush to an emergency dentist near Calgary.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?According to dentist in Calgary, the following situations can be considered as dental emergency:
- Losing crowns or fillings
- Unmanageable tooth pain
- Dislodged teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Any object stuck between your teeth
- Knocked out teeth
- In case of a cracked tooth, rinse mouth with warm water and place cold compress on your face for reducing any signs of swelling.
- If an object has stuck between the teeth, try to use floss for removing it but avoid using any pointed or sharp items as it can damage the teeth further.
- In case of a knocked-out tooth, try to keep it moist. If possible place it back in the socket without touching the root.
- In case you bite your tongue or lip, clean it gently with water and place a cold compress.
- In case of severe tooth ache, rinse mouth with warm water and see if there is any food stuck in between.