Whitening your teeth can be an effective method of lightening the color of your teeth without the need to remove the tooth surface. The teeth whitening treatment may not bring dramatic changes to the existing color of your teeth but can certainly lighten the existing shade. If you need to whiten your teeth it is suggested that you have a consultation with the dentist near you to understand how this treatment is beneficial for you.
You may wonder why your teeth are getting yellow. It happens due to the consumption of food, beverages and drinks with dark pigmentation in them which settles in tooth enamel and leads to yellow discoloration. The yellowing happens gradually and not overnight which you tend to overlook. Yellow teeth are not a sign of any serious medical condition. It may lose your confidence and attractive, white and bright smile. Dentist in Calgary can help you lighten teeth stained and can keep them bright. Possible causes of yellow teeth-
- Use of tobacco
- Enamel erosion
- Lack of oral hygiene
- Yellow is in your genes
Jump into Fall with whiter, brighter teeth! Fall teeth whitening could be your big step into making a statement during the holiday season. So, you know you want whiter teeth, but where do you start? Well, you should always begin by looking for teeth whitening near you. We at Calgary love teeth whitening and are ready to help you with every need!
Why Should I Get My Teeth Professionally Whitened?Teeth whitening solution is made from a chemical called carbamide peroxide. And, although this chemical be found in both professional whitening solutions and the stuff you can use at home, the compositions are different. So, while you are going to sling out a little more cash for professional treatment, you are going to see the best results.
What if I have Sensitive Teeth?Teeth whitening unfortunately will make your teeth and gums more sensitive, since you are exposing them to bleach. This is also why professional treatment is recommended. You always want to be careful whenever you are using bleach, as it can be extremely harmful. However, teeth whitening for sensitive teeth is always an option with teeth whitening at Calgary.
At Home MaintenanceWhile we strongly recommend getting your teeth whitened professionally, for safety issues, there are things you can do at home. Basically, just keep on top of brushing your teeth. This is going to be the best route for getting whiter teeth naturally. If you really want your teeth to sparkle, try brushing your teeth after every meal. Also, if you are a coffee or red wine drinker, be aware that these beverages are known to stain teeth.
Calgary Teeth WhiteningAt Calgary teeth whitening, we know your smile is important to you. That’s why we work hard to provide calm, pain-free experiences for all of our patients. Working hard to tailor experiences to each person’s specific need, makes us a practice that we are proud of. Nothing says Christmas more than winter teeth whitening. Have teeth that are whiter than snow! If you are interested in learning more, look for teeth whitening near you.
Dentist CalgaryParents are most concerned over the health and well being of their children. They may be concerned over the color and appearance of their child’s tooth as some children have yellow or discolored teeth. Our team at Toothworks dentist in Calgary provide education and practical help for individuals looking to improve their child’s oral health and smile. Continue reading on to learn of the possible causes of yellow teeth in children and see how our dentist near you can help. There are several things that contribute to the color and appearance of teeth including the following:
- The natural color of teeth. The enamel in the tooth is semi translucent and this allows some of the yellow dentin to show through. Baby teeth will have less dentin which appears more white.
- Food and drinks. Several different food and drinks can stain and discolor teeth. Berries, coffee, and tea can easily stain. If you child indulges in these foods and drinks, then it is best to rinse out their teeth with water to further protect their smile.
- Oral care. Poor oral health can negatively affect the appearance of your child’s smile. Regular brushing and flossing at least twice a day are essential in protecting their teeth. This, along with frequent dental cleanings and appointments with our dental team, can help to protect the oral health.
- Internal factors. Trauma or bleeding can have a direct impact on the color of a tooth as well as genetic disorders, certain illness, or poor nutrition.
- Medications. A wide variety of medications can contribute to the yellowing of teeth. Talk to your doctor to see if any medications your child is taking have a similar side effect to you personally.
Most people want to have a bright, white smile, but teeth can get stained despite the most careful oral hygiene routine. Teeth-staining foods and drinks (coffee and wine are the biggest culprits) and natural aging are some reasons why teeth can appear more yellow over time. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening treatments offered at your dentist office are a safe and effective way to brighten that smile quickly. There are teeth whitening products available for purchase, such as toothpaste, gels, and rinses, but professional treatments – whether in-office or take-home – are more effective and more reliable.