A medical emergency can be stressful and leave you panicked. Have you ever wondered what will you do in case you or your child faces a medical emergency? No home remedy can help during an emergency and your only option is to rush to an emergency dentist near Calgary.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?
According to dentist in Calgary, the following situations can be considered as dental emergency:
- Losing crowns or fillings
- Unmanageable tooth pain
- Dislodged teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Any object stuck between your teeth
- Knocked out teeth
In case you go through any of the above mentioned situations, it is recommended to take an immediate action and seek medical help from urgent care dentist in Calgary.
Toothworks in Calgary specializes in handling urgent cases with our expert panel of dentists and assistants. Our departments usually work 24*7 so that we can address dental emergencies coming at any time irrespective of day and night. There are also special helpline numbers where you can make a call and ask help from a dentist near Calgary.
In case of medical emergencies during office hours, the clinics reschedule their appointments to help you. If you face a dental or medical emergency during odd hours, it’s better to reach the emergency room.
Till you reach a dentist near you, follow these tips to manage the emergency:
- In case of a cracked tooth, rinse mouth with warm water and place cold compress on your face for reducing any signs of swelling.
- If an object has stuck between the teeth, try to use floss for removing it but avoid using any pointed or sharp items as it can damage the teeth further.
- In case of a knocked-out tooth, try to keep it moist. If possible place it back in the socket without touching the root.
- In case you bite your tongue or lip, clean it gently with water and place a cold compress.
- In case of severe tooth ache, rinse mouth with warm water and see if there is any food stuck in between.