When it is the first child, parents wonder how to clean their baby’s mouth. As the baby is born, the first and foremost thing every parent do is to feed them. Similarly, it is important to clean their mouth also clean.
- Clean your child’s mouth from inside with a warm and damp washcloth. Dentist in NW Calgary recommends massaging the gums with this cloth after each feed. This will protect your child from bacteria in the mouth.
- As the teeth begin coming in, start taking care since then. If you do not take proper care of the baby teeth, it can lead to decay, gum infection known as gingivitis. This will affect the spacing of permanent teeth.
- There might be chances of cavities and signs are discoloration and minor pitting. Leaving the bottle of milk in the mouth for a long time is the main cause of cavities.
- Once the baby’s teeth have grown up, start brushing. Use a small slur of fluoride toothpaste and brush twice a day. A toothbrush can easily get in between the gums and cloth clean away all the plaque build-up.
- It is important to regulate the intake of fluoride toothpaste as it leads to tooth decay. Consult the dentist in NW Calgary about the fluoride supplements once your baby is 6 months old.