Cosmetic dentistry is a special field of dentistry that includes a number of treatments and procedures used to correct the minor imperfections in your teeth. These imperfections can range from minor chips, cracks, discoloration, gaps, crowding, and even missing teeth.
Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
There is a large range of treatments and procedures used in cosmetic dentistry to correct such imperfections. Some of the most popular treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening, otherwise known as teeth bleaching, is a process used by our office to brighten the look of your smile. This is a common treatment for patients who are experiencing discolored teeth as a result of eating certain foods, smoking, or even natural wear.
- Orthodontics – Orthodontic treatments are typically used to correct the bite of your teeth, or how your jaws align with each other. Certain orthodontic treatments, such as Invisalign, are used to straighten teeth that are misaligned, crowded, or have gaps.
- Dental Implants – Dental implant restorations are a solution for replacing missing permanent teeth. Essentially, they are placed into the jawbone to replace the missing tooth’s root and are later fitted with a dental crown to replicate the look and feel of a natural tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are bonded to the front side of your natural teeth. They can be used to hide imperfections such as discoloration, chips, or misalignment.
- Gingival Contouring – Gingival contouring involves reshaping your smile by removing excess tissue in your gums. This is usually requested by patients who have a lot of gum exposure with their smile, or have uneven gingival contours.
- Botox – Our office also offers eligible patients with Botox treatments. Recently, Botox has become recognized as an effective treatment for TMJ symptoms that can cause migraines, earaches, shoulder and neck pain, or lockjaw.
Keep in mind that the above list of cosmetic treatments is not the only ones available in dentistry. There are plenty of other treatments and procedures that can help perfect your smile, such as dental crowns and bridges. If you believe you may be in need of any of the above cosmetic treatments, schedule a consultation with our office today!